Friday, December 16, 2011

Blog Watch for the week of Dec. 12, 2011

My reader suffered a nervus breakdown this week so I was not able to read all of the blogs that I follow so I only have two blogposts for you guys this week. One is about the challenge of motivating yourself and the other is on how theatres can punish reward....disloyalty??? Wait that can't be right...

Afterwards we be some quotes I've found on line on various blogs.


Jacqueling Chambers at Unscripted - A Blog for Actors has writen a blog post about the challenge of motivating yourself.

When you don’t work a “normal” job, or one that gives you a set schedule, it’s easy to lose focus and become distracted by lots of little things.  I think one of the biggest challenges for actors is to manage the amount of juggling they have to do: their auditions, rehearsals, a day job, and networking, all while staying motivated and keeping a focus on their main goal. But even having that realization in the back of my head doesn’t prevent me from sometimes getting distracted by other things and setting aside the original plans...



Butts in the Seats, a blog about practical solutions for arts management has posted a rather interesting article about Rewarding Disloyalty
Daniel Pink linked to a story about a “Disloyalty Card” being used by independent coffee shops in Singapore. If you go to one of 8 coffee shops and pick up a card, go to any of the other 7 to get stamps and then come back to the original, you get a free cup of coffee. What appealed to me about this approach was the rebellious, counter culture feel of it.



"These are not monuments, but footprints. A monument only says, 'At least I made it this far,' while a footprint says, 'This is where I was when I moved again.'" ~ William Faulkner  


"The best revenge is massive success." - Frank Sinatra


"I have a sense of destiny that you are led to the things you are supposed to do." - Robert Downey Jr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More