Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blog Watch for the week of Jan. 9, 2012

Not a lot  to report from the blogosphere this week.  I was able to find some posts from two of my regular blogs as well as some local theatre information from the blogs of two of South Florida's Theatres.


 The first blog post if from Unscripted: A Blog for Actors. We are all familiar with the saying, "There's an App for that!"  Well, Laura Hunter has a small list of Apps for Actors.
As you've probably noticed from my previous posts, I'm a big technology nerd. What I've discovered about myself, because of that nerdiness, is that I'm much more likely to stick to my guns regarding something akin to a resolution if I have some kind of technology to remind me about it/assist me with it. So, here are a few great apps that I plan on using in connection with my 2012 resolutions...
Joel R. Putnam, also from Unscripted, has posted this reminder that just because they didn't call you doesn't mean you that you wasted your time auditioning.
Stivers-9-3-07-Air-guitar-aNice object lesson in auditioning last night: I just booked a part in a workshop. I didn't audition for it. I got it because of an audition I had for a completely unrelated project roughly 9 months ago.



At the begining of the new year Loisbackstage.com posted the ten most popular posts from 2011.  This one from the list, originally posted on June 30, 2011, briefly talks about the un-sung heroes of theatre, the backstage crew: When I Grow Up I Want To Be Backstage
I live my life in the shadows. In black clothes in dark rooms where I move silently and hope never to be noticed. Part of the measure of my success at my job, is not being noticed. And I chose this. I choose to be unseen – to be behind the stage – because that is what I love and because that is what I am paid to do.



The Moasic Theatre's Blog, Tiles, talks about a change in their 2012 season: Birds Migrate to September & Olivier Award Winning Play Lands at Mosaic
Playwright Conor McPherson requested that we delay our premiere and we will open our next season with The Birds in September. Selfishly, I’m excited about the switch because that gives me an opportunity to direct the piece which I absolutely love. Death and the Maiden...


And The Alliance Theatre's Blog announces that their 2012 season will be all original works.

After the loss of Florida Stage we felt the need to pick up the torch in whatever small way we can and dedicate our creative energies to the development new works. This is something that we hope you will appreciate and support. We hope to continue to produce new works in each and everyone of our upcoming seasons as well as provide our audiences with the edgy modern classics that they have come to expect from us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More